Adventures in the wild by majestic rivers – the Duna–Dráva National Park
Wooded floodplains on the right side of the River Danube, narrow gauge railway at Gemenc, Holt-Duna branch at Nyék, Mohács… Barcs Juniper Grove on the left side of the River Danube, „brisk meadows of Drávaszentes”, Babócsa… antlers awarded world champion trophies, resettled European beaver, strictly protected white-tailed eagle, black stork, a paradise for birds ... extensive loop and oxbow lakes represent a unique value in Europe…
Did you know...
- Hungary’s largest wooded floodplain is at Gemenc and Béda–Karapancsa?
- Hungary’s largest populations of white-tailed eagle and black stork are found here?
Visitor and education centres:
Dráva Gate Visitor Centre
(Barcs-Drávaszentes, Fő u. 1; Tel.: +36/82/461-285) – interactive exhibition about nature, home to indigenous Hungarian farm animals, Üde Rétek Natural Trail, activities for children, summer camps. Open: education centre: Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.; exhibition about nature: 15th March to 31st October Tuesday-Sunday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; 1st November to 14th March by appointment only.
Tettye Education Centre
(Pécs, Tettye tér 8, Tel.: +36/72/517-222) – interactivelessons and study tours aboutnature, handicraft programmes,summer camps, all year.
Open:Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Other demonstration sites:
Kölked White Stork Museum and Nagypartos Nature Trail
(2.5 km) (Kölked, Széchenyi u. 1., Tel.: +36/30/846-6020) – exhibition, interactive pro-grams about nature, handicraft programs, walking tours and tours by canoe. Open: all year
Other demonstration sites within the operational area of the Directorate:
Abaliget Cave and Bat Museum (Abaliget, Tel.: +36/72/498-766, +36/72/498-684) – excellent cli-mate, study programs and other programs for children. Open: all year
Cave of Mészégető Springs
(Orfű, Tel.: +36/72/518-221, +36/72/518-222)
– underground cave adventures in overalls with tour guides. Open: all year, by appointment only.
Mohács Historical Memorial Site
(Sátorhely; Tel.: +36/69/382-130)
– guided tours available, archery activities. Open: 12th March-15th March: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; 1st April to 24th October: daily 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.; 25th October to 7th November: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., other times by appointment.
(Pécs, Tettye tér 9, Tel.: +36/72/517-200)
– guided tours available, ideal venue for wedding photography. Open: all year
(Nagyharsány, Szoborpark, Tel.: +36/20/913-7534)
– guided tours only.Open: all year, by appointment only; guided tours leave on Wednesday-Sunday at 10. a.m.
Tuffaceous limestone cave at Tettye
(Pécs, Tettye u.Tel.: +36/30/580-3424, +36/72/211-830) – interactive exhibition inside, cultural programs, temporary exhibitions and ideal venue for weddings and various events.Open: all year, by appointment only.