Latitude and longitude: N 46° 55' 32.74" , E 17° 40' 10.27"
County: Veszprém megye
Number of inhabitants: 177
Dialing code: 87
Description of settlement: Further along the Nivegy valley, we find Balatoncsicsó at the base of Fenyves Hill, 2kms from the road connecting Zánka and Nagyvázsony. The village of 180 souls lies surrounded by beautiful vine hills. 15-20% of the inner area real estates serve recreational purposes. Main source of income for the small village nested among forest-clad vine hills and mounds are grapes and wine, which are being grown on over 150 acres with most famous of them being the sheeptail ('juhfark'). The village, first being mentioned in 1272, saw German settlers arrive in the 18th century. The township assimilated the deserted areas of the four settlements from the Árpád-age: Ároktő, Herend, Szentbereckfa and Szent Balázs-falva. Their church ruins remained to us as relics, all four surviving in different conditions. The most spared of these, the one on St Blaise Hill, was partially restored in 2001-2002.