Name: Somló Castle
Phone number: +36
Monument: fortress, castle, palace, mansion, ruin
Open from: 1. January
Open till: 31. December
Description: The castle was raised after the Mongol invasion. Written records, however, only mentions the first time in 1352 when King Louis the Great Silence and Heim's son John took his son Benedick. The instrument registers the name castrum Somlo.
Between 1370-80 was a royal castle. 1389 in Palatine Miklós Garai and his brother into the hands of King Sigismund donated, and then Rozgonyiak been owned by 1443-63, but before 1464 the traded Tapsony Anthimiakkal. King Matthias ruling because they have lost the castle in 1464, the new owner of a royal equerry Latvian Kanizsai Laszlo until 1470, when again the Garai family hands. Shop-after purchases King Matthias Kinizsi Paul donated the land.
The castle was then the pledge of financial problems hit. 1495, the family owned Szapolyai whom this year Erdodi Bakócz Thomas Bishop of Eger, bought the then 12 thousand aranyforintért. Then began a major role in the life of the region.
Bakócz Tamas Somlo and Castle
Thomas Bakócz all right hozatta the castle, which absorbed a considerable financial assets. The observer status waiting for a beautiful Italian Renaissance building was rebuilt várkastéllyá. True to rank in the church established a chapel in a castle, what had been the lack of structures. Made during the course of the work can still be seen carved doors and window frames and the chapel tower.
Bakócz the country's richest supply of high priest of being a martial art developed to protect the fortress. From 1498
- Two big guns
- Multiple (unknown number) of small cannon
- Two seregbontó (guns)
defend the castle.
Bakócz Tamas Somlo left the castle to his nephew Peter Erdody his will. Erdody not have the dignity of the castle was lost, been developed (especially the estate serfs equipment) and a permanent military garrison garrison was set up.
Somlo castle after Mohacs
The Mohács (1526) after the fortress was condemned to death, but stood proudly in the small Turkish troops passing through. 1543 Somló Turkish-Hungarian fortress during a large battle that ended felkoncolásával Turkish 3000. Not only the region but the entire region's most powerful in the hands of Hungarian värav stepped forward.
Erdody Peter in 1548 to a family in another area visszavásárolhasson (Vörösvári) Csorba, Andrew will be pawned and later gave the castle. The family ownership of the castle over the centuries, therefore, some lost.
Andrew chip against the Turks took the fight very seriously the task. Devecser built another castle, so the fort with two areas of protection provided by the Hungarian, the Ottoman troops. The region's population paid a high price Csoronnak the development and protection. "The notorious Devecseri Csoronok" - so named them because they are seriously afflicted jobbágyokaikat food supply heading to be implemented all lines of fortifications. After nuns harassed, captured hadianyaggyártásra, the Habsburgs, Hungary's new rulers also raised their voices.
Chip after the death of her daughters were in possession of the castle, and Csorba Annától in 1597 inherited the family Liszthy. This occurred after the prolonged death trial against the royal courtyard. While waiting for the state is deteriorated, and was exposed to serious risks. The Liszthyek line fell in the battles against the Turks. Finally, the László Liszthy Latvian poet, also known as the owner. Lord of the castle in 1653 meant the battle of the two-volume Mohács verse chronicle, which you type the name of literary history. Thomas Bakócz after he was the most important figures in the history of the castle. In 1638 confirmed the structure. In addition, however, was outlawed because of the Habsburgs, murder, arson, beatings and robbery, counterfeit currency charges was sentenced to death.
The Rákóczi War of Independence and Somlo Castle
The Rákóczi castle at the northern location of the imperial hands was a long time. Only in 1707 liberated the Blind Bottyán. This is an aging old Kuruc rendbehozatta general, and the area of strategic hadianyagellátást being provided to expect. Azíirásos sources then in the last Somló castle. The strategic role after the Rákóczi was finally swept away, and began a long decline.
Erdody hands again
After Sümeg took over the area militarily important role in the renovation of the castle are ignored: only 2 Pattantyús guns protected. Sümegrol sometimes sent experts to bring order to the guns.
1721 Sponge cake from the castle was deplorable condition. The Rákóczi War of Independence after the Erdody family sued the Csorba theoretically Liszthy-owned (in practice no man's land), varer, which Bakócz Thomas, a former letter of donating recover. In 1735 the per Erdody money after stretching to be waiting for theirs. Several villages in the vicinity, sion, Band, Szergény, Dobi, barn, JAnoshAza also bought. In spite of the castle was impaired to the villages because it went so well hatvanhétezer forints for recovery. Finally, in 1820 on the ruins of the whole region was in their hands. However, instead of waiting for the reconstruction of more Dobák built a new "Delicacy of the castle." Until 1945 there were Erdody the owners of the castle area, the occupying Soviet troops took possession of it.
Architectural style: Renaissance